About Your Trainer
"He's bringing the training to you!"
Glenn Rogers has always been active with dogs. As a boy, one of his favorite hobbies was working with field dogs. After high school he joined the Army where he volunteered for the K-9 Corp. He received intensive training in both patrol and narcotics police dogs. After discharge from the military he obtained his Associates Degree in Criminal Justice and then joined the Tinton Falls Police Department. While with the Police Department, he worked in patrols and as a detective. In 1993, he started the Department's own K9 unit. In 1994, he and his K9 partner Jake went on patrol answering calls in Tinton Falls and throughout Monmouth and Ocean County. In addition to his regular work schedule, Glenn assisted over 50 other Departments in establishing their own K9 units.
Glenn and Jake had a great career together. They competed in many police dog trials where they received numerous awards both state and national. They ranked #1 K9 team in the state in 1998. In that same year Glenn received the state certification as a patrol dog trainer and was requested by the State Police to train their first tracking class. In 2000, he received national certification as a level 1 trainer with the US Police K9 Association. In 2003, he assisted the Home Land Security task force with traning explosive detection dogs for New Jersey. In that same year he received his certification for training bomb/narcotics dogs. He also trained four other dogs and their handlers for his own department. Glenn retired in July 2004 as a Captain of the Tinton Falls Police Department. Immediately upon his retirement he was hired by a security company in NY to be a bomb dog handler. He has worked in areas such as Rockefeller Center, #1 Police Plaza, Fox News Broadcasting, the Staten Island Ferry, and the Queen Mary II.
To this day, Glenn continues to be active in training and evaluating police dogs throughout the state of New Jersey. He also continues to train dogs for field work. Because of his love of dogs, Glenn wants to help others bring their dog to its full potential.
Since opening this company in 2005, he has trained over 300 + dogs each year.
- Valor Award 1998: Tracking down and taking into custody two armed robbery suspects who shot at police after robbing TGIF restaurant in Eatontown, NJ
- Aberdeen Twp. Commendation: Locating firearm used in shooting/attempted homicide
- U.S. Police K-9 Association: 1998 New Jersey Top Scoring Dog
- 1998 Lakeland Florida 3rd Place Overall Team: National Police Dog Trials
- Triple Crown Award: 1996 Certifying a police dog in patrol, narcotics, and tracking
- N.J. State Police Commendation: Locating unconscious suicidal woman
- ESPN Incredible Dog Challenge: 1999 1st Place Police Dog
- Trainers Choice Magazine: Selected as Calendar Dog
- 1999 - Inducted into Ralston Purina Animal Hall of Fame for Overall Life Achievements